- AUPresses Statement
- Introduction: Why Peer Review Is Important
- Section 1: The AE’s Choices about Why, When, and How to Conduct Peer Review
- Section 2: Selecting Peer Reviewers
- Section 3: Working with Peer Reviewers
- Section 4: Sharing Peer Reviews with Authors
- Section 5: Peer Reviews as Documents of Record
The second edition of the Best Practices for Peer Review of Scholarly Books handbook was published online in September 2022. The original edition was released in 2016.
A downloadable PDF version will be made available by the end of 2022; as will a print-ready file for presses and other organizations that may wish to distribute the handbook at in-person conferences and events. For now, the green “Print Friendly” button shown at the bottom of each page enables users to print, download, or email sections and pages of the handbook.
(c) 2022 by the Association of University Presses. Best Practices for Peer Review of Scholarly Books is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.